Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why my To Be Read pile continues to grow.

I have been making a concentrated effort to read through my TBR pile. What I am finding is that reading books in the TBR pile just makes it grow larger. This is how that happens.

I read Bloody Good (see my April 2nd post) and loved the book. That meant that I had to read Bloody Awful and Bloody Right. I purchased both and they are loaded on my Nook waiting to be read. So I took one book out of my TBR pile and added two more.

The same thing happened when I read Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn. That book was added to my TBR pile after I read Silent in the Grave (see my post on September 1, 2009). After reading Silent in the Sanctuary I have to read Silent on the Moor. At least here it is a one on one trade.

After reading And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander (see my post on July 22, 2009) I added A Poisoned Season. After reading A Poisoned Season I want to read the rest of the series. That will add multiple books.

To make things even worse I just read What Angles Fear by C.S. Harris the first book in the series. I loved the mystery and now have added the rest of that series.

I can’t win for reading. Oh well! There are worse thing in life than having too many books to read.

Happy reading everyone.

No comments: