Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Comforts of Home by Jodi Thomas

Character Driven Romance

The Comforts of Home was my Waiting on Wednesday book several weeks ago.  It came last week and I am glad and sad.  Glad because it is here.  I have already read it and that makes me sad because I have to wait for Just Down the Road the next book in the Harmony series.

I think everyone would like to live in Harmony, TX.  It is the ideal small town filled with people who care about each other.  Of course there are some not so nice people as well.  It would not be a story without them.

 Like the other Harmony books The Comforts of Home is character driven.  All of the original characters are back and some new ones have moved into town.  In The Comforts of Home there are two couples that finally get their HEA’s and there are some new characters that are still working on romance.  I don’t like spoilers so I will only say that there are two people I am hoping work out in the next book.  There are also plenty of interesting side characters waiting for a bigger role.   

This is one of those series that gets under my skin. The characters become such good friends I laugh and cry for them and want everything to work out in the end.  Jodi is very good at gently torturing her characters and keeping the tension going in her books.  That makes for a very good read.

You can read The Comforts of Home as a stand-alone but I recommend reading them in order.  Start with Welcome to Harmony followed by Somewhere Along the Way and finally The Comforts of Home.

Berkley published The Comforts of Home by Jodi Thomas in 2011.

1 comment:

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

I love character driven stories...and this does sound like the perfect place to live!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf