Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesday November 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
This weeks teaser is from Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook.  This is a Novel of the Iron Seas and is a great addition to the Steampunk series.  Page 47

"Yasmeen had been taught to stand like that - to hold herself silent and watchful, her weight perfectly balanced, her hands clasped."

"Yasmeen knew that under the woman's robes was a body more metal than flesh.  Designed to protect.  Designed to kill."

9 comments:

  1. This book is on my wishlist (damn trade paperback pricing).

    My teaser is here.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the book is as good as the teaser (and the cover!) =)

    Have a great day!
    April @ Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I haven't read this one yet, but I am definitely checking it out now - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays-almost-final-curtain-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! A very good choice for a teaser.

    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds captivating.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of this before but I enjoyed the teaser so I will have to look into it. Also, I love the picture of your cat peeking over the top of the books, adorable :)

    Tiffany (new follower!)
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

I am a reward free zone but I love comments. If you like my post enough to comment consider becoming a follower. Comment Moderation is on so I do not have to use word verification to keep spam out.