Monday, November 7, 2011

For Heaven's Eyes Only (Audio Book) by Simon R. Green

Paranormal/Mystery


A recent Musing Monday's post was about listening to audio books.  I said I keep one going in my car all the time and that it is a way for me to check out new authors and series.  I just finished listening to For Heaven's Eyes Only by Simon Green.  I have read other series by Simon Green and wondered if I would like this one.


This is book five in Simon Green's The Secret Histories series.  The series features field agent Edwin "Eddie" Drood - aka secret agent Shaman Bond.  


"A horrifying presence is growing and the threat of a mysterious Great Sacrifice looms.  Although Eddie has always been something of an outside, he - with help from his witch lover Molly Metcalf - will have to rise to the occasion to help thwart the menace and save his people."


For Heaven's Eyes Only was fun to listen too but I would not want to read the book.  There is a lot of blood and gore.  Saving the world involved killing a lot of people.  If you read the book don't expect any happy ending.  Once the current problem is solved the book ends with a cliff-hanger that will be the theme for the next book. 


Recorded Books produced For Heaven's Eyes Only by Simon Green in 2011.

No comments: