Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lessons from a Scandalous Bride by Sophie Jordan


Lessons from a Scandalous Bride (Forgotten Princesses #2)Historical Romance
Lessons from a Scandalous Bride features two main characters with very different opinions on marriage.  Cleopatra Hadley knows that she is illegitimate.  She also knows that she never wants to be trapped in marriage.  She has watched as her mother in  a marriage that has done nothing but produce children, many of whom have died.  Then a big change comes into her life.  Her father sends for her.  Suddenly she has a very different life.
Logan McKinney is a Scottish Lord who needs a rich wife.  However he does want one he can at least stand to be with.  At heart he is a romantic. He is in London when he meets Cleopatra.  He is smitten but she wants nothing to do with him or marriage to him.
Cleo is an unusual character.  Not a part of the ton but with a rich father who wants her to make a good marriage.  Her solution is to marry a very old man who will not make physical demands.  Then the conflict starts with Logan.
Logan finds that he really cannot see living with any of the women who fit what he needs.  That is until he meets Cleo.
That is the conflict in the story.  It is well played out and of course there is a HEA.  It is a nice story.  The characters are interesting and the plot well developed.  This is book two in the series and I did wish I had read book one first. I could tell I was missing some back-story.
Avon published Lessons from a Scandalous Bride by Sophie Jordan in 2012.
I received an ARC of Lessons from a Scandalous Bride from Edelweiss.

2 comments:

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Jo,

The 'Goodreads' blurb recommends that the reader should 'surrender to the sizzle', what more is there to add!

This is a new to me author, who I shall be adding to my list right away!

Thanks for sharing,

Yvonne

Jeanna said...

Good review. I hate to read a series book that makes me feel in the dark about what's going on in the actual book I'm reading, though, ugh!