Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Bride by Moonlight by Liz Carlyle



Historical Fiction
I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I’m using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.
As I read Chapter One of A Bride by Moonlight it sounded very familiar.  Then I realized it is the same as a scene from a previous book but from a different perspective. 
Royden Napier and Elizabeth “Lisette” Colburne are back but this time as the main characters.  Napier does not know what to think about Lisette.  He is not sure if she is innocent or guilty of murder.  He does know that in spite of everything he is very attracted to her.
He is called to his estranged grandfather’s home to solve a mystery and he is warned that there will be pressure put on him to wed someone not of his choice.  Using blackmail he convinces Lisette to go with him and pose as his betrothed. 
The story unwinds from there.  There is a lot of tension in A Bride by Moonlight; tension between Napier and his family, between Napier and Lisette, tension caused by Lisette’s past and tension from past secrets in both of their lives.  Both Napier and Lisette must face the fact that not all of the past was as it seemed.   The plot is full of surprises, twists and turns, and of course romance.  The journey to Napier’s and Lissett’s  HEA is really fun read, one you don’t want to miss.
While A Bride by Moonlight is part of a series you can read it as a stand alone. 
Avon Published A Bride by Moonlight by Liz Carlyle in 2013.
I received an ARC of A Bride by Moonlight from Edelweiss.


No comments: