Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nexus by Ramez Naam



Science Fiction

I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I'm using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.

Nexus is a really fast paced Science Fiction Thriller.  Set in the near future it deals with what might be the next step for man.  Some of the science in the story is around today but the author takes it to a whole new level.  Nexus is a drug that can elevate people to a higher level.  It can also be used to control others.

The two main characters in the book, Kaden Lane and Samantha Cataranes, are on opposite sides.  Kaden is working to release the drug to everyone.  Samantha works for the government and her job is to stop Kaden.  Everything develops from their first encounter.  

The writing in Nexus is superb.  The action is non-stop.   The plot is well developed.  I loved the way scenes were presented in quick terse paragraphs.  It kept the tension level high.  I think this is a must read for any hard science fiction fan.

Angry Robot published Nexus by Ramez Naam in 2012.

I received an ARA of Nexus from Netgalley.


No comments: