Saturday, March 2, 2013

If You Give a Rake a Ruby by Shana Galen

Historical Fiction

I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I'm using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.

If You Give a Rake a Ruby is the second in the series that features Juliette, Lily and Fallon. All three are courtesans and have been know as The Three Diamonds.   In the first book Juliette found her Duke and is now married.  Now it is Fallon's turn.  

Warrick Fitzhugh is one of the Rough Diamonds, men who worked undercover for the crown during the war.  Now someone has killed one member and is trying to kill Warrick.

There is a complicated plot in If You Give a Rake a Ruby.  Fallon has a past that is coming back to haunt her.  Warrick is trying to find a killer while suffering from episodes of post traumatic stress.  Fallon and Warrick are attracted to each other but Fallon feels that she is not good enough for him.  Warrick is estranged from his family and racked with guilt about the death of his brother during the war. 

Put all of this together and you have a fast moving journey to Fallon's and Warrick's HEA.  Look for the solution to some of the issues in If You Give a Rake a Ruby but not all.  Since it is the middle book in this series it also sets the stage for Lily's story. 
This was one of those books I had trouble putting down.  I am looking forward to the next book in the series.

Sourcebook published If You Give a Rake a Ruby by Shana Galen in 2013.
I received an ARC of If You Give a Rake a Ruby from NetGalley.



No comments: