Friday, March 22, 2013

Hammer of Angels by G.T. Almasi

Alternate History
I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I’m using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.
I don’t want to give too much away so this is a very short review.
Hammer of Angels picks up a few months after Blades of Winter ends.  It picks up with Alix in an action scene and does not stop for the entire book.   I like action and a really interesting Alternate History so I was eager to see how the series held up in book two.  I was not disappointed.  The plot is full of tension and, the characters are interesting.  I had wondered how Alix would react to Brando.  I like how that part of the story was handled.  There are two main stories in the book and they overlap.  While some issues in both stories are resolved there are still thing up in the air.  Book three should be really interesting.
A word of warning about the series.  All of the world building was done in book one so if you start with Hammer of Angels you may be completely lost.  I recommend you get Blades of Winter and read from there.
Del Rey published Hammer of Angels by G. T. Almasi in 2013.
I received an ARC of Hammer of Angels from Netgalley.

No comments: