Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl by Gina Lamm

Time Travel Romance

I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I'm using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.

Jamie is the Geek Girl in the story and Mike is the Scandalous Earl.  Jamie writes music and lived a vicarious life playing online games.  When she help clean out a storage locker she falls through the mirror on an antique wardrobe.  It seems she has been called as the perfect mate for the Earl.  Of course love and the HEA is not as easy as that.

Jamie and Mike have an exciting journey.  Mike was involved with a woman who is very jealous.  Even though he as broken it off she is still trying to win him back and she does not care how.  Mike is about to ask the wrong woman to marry him.  And how does Jamie fit in.  Well she does not at first but eventually Mike realizes he loves her.  Then the trouble really begins and Mike pushes her away for her safety.

Jamie is a different type of time traveler.  Her main interest is music and online games.  Mike is a typical 1800's male.  It leads to some interesting scenes between the two.  I had some trouble getting into the story but once I got past the first few chapters I did not want to quit reading.  If you are looking for a slightly different time travel romance pick this one up.

Sourcebooks published The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl by Gina Lamm in 2013.

I received an ARC of The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl from Netgalley.


No comments: