Monday, November 18, 2013
Musing Monday November 18, 2013
Musing Mondays is sponsored by Should Be Reading and asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Today I am rambling about a new online publication. I am a big fan of Science Fiction Romance but it is often overlooked. Romance is a big seller. Science Fiction has its own fan base. Unfortunately when you put the two together the larger publishers don't think it will sell and often will not publish. With the arrival of online publishing there are more and more books available but there are not that many places to find out about new arrivals. So some of the people who love, read, and write SFR have published the first issue of Sci-Fi Romance Quarterly. This is a free publication and can be downloaded in various forms Follow this link to see the first issue: http://www.scifiromancequarterly.org/get-the-current-issue/
Straight from the FAQ page of the quarterly here are some thing you might want to know: