Friday, September 26, 2014

Book Beginning, The Friday 56, September 26, 2014


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56.
 Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"She points to the chair. "Sit."

I don't want to sit. The chair is cold metal, and I'm wearing a backless hospital gown."

Page 56:

"He stares at my bald head a moment and then looks me in the eye like I'm...like he knows I'm a lost cause, but can't quite bring himself to break the news to me."

From Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin as young adult book I requested from Amazon Vine. I just received the book yesterday and only opened it to use in this post so I don't know any more about the story than the rest of you.

No comments: