Saturday, February 16, 2013

Deadly Stakes by J. A. Jance


Mystery
I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I’m using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.
I like J. A. Jance’s books and have read all the Joanna Brady and Ali Reynolds series.  I think this latest Ali Reynolds book is on of the best in the series.
Deadly Stakes starts by introducing a mixed cast of characters.  There are Lynn Martinson, Chip Ralston, and A.J. Sanders.  All three are in trouble when two different murder victims are found near the same area.  Ali enters the picture when Lynn’s mother asked Ali to find out the truth.
Ali barely enters the story at first.  There are two story lines that seem to have nothing in common.  Then J. A. Jance uses her magic to weave them into one great story.  That happens when Ali is brought into the story.  There are two different mysteries to be solved, some favorite characters to visit again and a great ending.  Prepare to be surprised.
Deadly Stakes is a good addition to the Ali Reynolds series.  You can read this as a stand alone but it is better if you start with the first book, Edge of Evil, and read them in order.
Touchstone published Deadly Stakes by J. A. Jance in 2013.
I received a ARC of Deadly Stakes from Edelweiss.

No comments: