Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Scoundrel Takes a Bride, A Regency Rogues Novel by Stefanie Sloane


Historical Romance
I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I am using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.
The Scoundrel in the book is Nicholas and the Bride is Sophia.  They along with Nicholas’s brother Langdon have been friends since they were children.  Langdon is the oldest and the perfect son.  Sophia is Langdon’s promised bride.  Thus we have the triangle set up.
The story revolves around the murder of Sophia’s Mother when all three were children.  That murder has not been solved but a new clue has been unearthed.  Sophia is determined to follow it and find the killer but she needs help.  She turns to Nicholas for help, as Langdon would try to stop her from going into danger. 
With this set up the story moves rapidly forward.  There is danger, suspense, romance and more danger. I liked both Sophia and Nicholas and often found Langdon clueless.   It did make for a good touch to the story.
This is the second book in the Regency Rogues series and the story line here is a continuation from the first book.  While more information about the murder is uncovered in The Scoundrel Takes a Bride the mystery is not solved.  That is left for the next book.  Of course there is a really fun and exciting journey leading up to the HEA for Nicholas and Sophia.
Ballantine Books published The Scoundrel Takes a Bride by Stefanie Sloane in 2012.

No comments: