Thursday, February 14, 2013

Polterheist by Laura Resnick


Paranormal
I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited Internet.   I’m using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.
Easter Diamond is back in Polterheist and getting into the same trouble as before.  To pay her rent she is working at Fenster & Co, a local department store, as a Christmas Elf.  In keeping with her background she is the Jewish Elf. 
Some of the elves and other characters are quitting with no notice.  They just disappear without even turning in their costumes.  People who have worked during past Christmas seasons are saying that this year it is different.  There is a feeling of evil that was not there in the past.  Then the props start attacking people.   To add to the problem trucks carrying goods for the store are being hijacked.
That brings Detective Connor Lopez on the scene.   Once again he and Esther are throw together and have to save the day.  Look for fun dialog, great action, and all of the great side characters that were in previous books.  The paranormal is an evil presence that Esther believes in and Connor does not.  That difference adds additional interest and tension to the story. 
This is book five in the series.  Most of the world building has already been done.  There are reminders dropped in around the story and you can read this as a stand alone.  However I recommend starting with book one, Disappearing Nightly.
Polerheist is a book I purchased not one I agreed to review.
DAW published Polterheist by Laura Resnick in 2012.

No comments: