Friday, July 11, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56, July 11, 2014




I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56.
 Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and
Come Join us!

The Beginning:

"When I started my website, she simmers.com in 2008, I had no idea where it would lead. At the time, my only goal was to document the best, most tired and true Thai recipes from my mother's cookbook collection."

Page 56:

"O, Cilantro, you enhance the inter value of anything you adorn," says Phak Chi Roi Na (Garnished with Cilantro) a megahit song from the late 1980s by Asanne and Wasan Chotikuo, tow of Thialind's most famous rockers."

This is a little change of pace for me. Both the beginning and page 56 are from a new cookbook I purchased this week. I love Thai food. It contains the things I can eat and leaves out the things I cannot. When I saw Simple Thai Food by Leela Punyaratabandhu I knew it was a book for me. So far I have half the book marked as must tries.

No comments: