Friday, November 14, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.


The Beginning:

"Considering the circumstances, you could use another lieutenant."

Page 56:

"In my quarters, Kalr Five, disquieted by the day's events but of course expressionless, had my supper waiting for me --a bowl of skel and a flask of water, common soldier's mess."

From Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie. Her first book Ancillary Justice won the Hugo and just about every other Science Fiction award in 2013. I loved the book so had Ancillary Sword on reserve at my local library before it was even processed. It is next on my reading list. Like any second book in a series it has a lot to live up to. I have to admit the two quotes really don't tell me much.

No comments: