Friday, October 21, 2016

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - October 21, 2016


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

Sheriff Joanna Brady pulled into the parking place in front of the Higgins Funeral Chapel, put her Buick enclave in park, and then sat staring at the storefront before her, only vaguely aware of her surrounding."

Page 56:

"Now, I ask you, why would the wife of a man who had a vasectomy twenty-five years ago need to have a supply of condoms on hand?"

From Downfall, A Brady Novel of Suspense by J.A. Jance. This is one of my favorite series by one of my favorite authors. That beginning made sense because I read the novella that proceeded this story. Otherwise it would leave you wondering.

No comments: