Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Look Back Wednesday, November 16, 2016

LOOK BACK WEDNESDAY IS A FEATURE HERE ON THE BLOG.  THERE ARE SO MANY REALLY GOOD BOOKS I HAVE REVIEWED ON GOODREADS SO I DECEIDED TO HIGHLIGHT SOME FROM THE PAST.  THIS MONTH I AM FEATURING BOOKS POSTED ON MY GOODREADS MYSTERY SHELF.  EACH REVIEW IS A DIRECT POST FROM MY GOODREADS REVIEW.  THIS MONTH I AM FEATURING PARANORMAL MYSTERIES.

Marked (Mindspace Investigations, #3)Marked by Alex Hughes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been looking forward to Book 3 in the Mindspace Investigation series. After reading it I came away with mixed feelings. Before I go further I do want to say that this is not a series you just drop into. Go back to the beginning and start with book one, Clean.

On the plus side Marked continued with the world building started in the first two books. There is more background about the Tech Wars and the Guild. Along with the world building the characters continue to be fleshed out. Finally Adam and Cherabino start to work on their attraction, just working – nothing resolved.

On the minus side the main premise for Marked just does not make sense. Why on earth would Adam ever go back to help the Guild. They used him to test a drug that was very addictive and threw him out instead of helping him when that experiment left him an addicted. I have never liked the Guild and I really had trouble believing he would every willing walk back into a situation that gave them any power over him. They have not changed - they do not treat him well this time either.

Having said all of that after I got over how stupid I though Adam was the plot was interesting. Like Adam I would think I knew what was going on only to be fooled again and again. I do hope the next book leaves the Guild way, way in the background. I like Adam and did not enjoy seeing him back in the power of the Guild.


View all my reviews

No comments: