Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Look Back Wednesday - November 9, 2016

LOOK BACK WEDNESDAY IS A FEATURE HERE ON THE BLOG.  THERE ARE SO MANY REALLY GOOD BOOKS I HAVE REVIEWED ON GOODREADS SO I DECEIDED TO HIGHLIGHT SOME FROM THE PAST.  THIS MONTH I AM FEATURING BOOKS POSTED ON MY GOODREADS MYSTERY SHELF.  EACH REVIEW IS A DIRECT POST FROM MY GOODREADS REVIEW.  THIS MONTH I AM FEATURING PARANORMAL MYSTERIES.

Sleep with the Lights On (Brown and de Luca #1)Sleep with the Lights On by Maggie Shayne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Here is the Beginning of Sleep With the Lights On (Brown and De Luca #1)

"He watched the body sink in slow motion through the murky green water. Tears blurred his eyes, obstructing his view, but he wiped them away," From the Prologue

"If the bullshit I wrote was true, I wouldn't have been standing in the middle of a beehive where all the bees were cops - not one worker bee in the hive, either - trying to get someone interested in finding out what had happened to my brother." From Chapter One

The Prologue was so creepy I wondered if I could stand to read the book; then I got hooked and could not put it down. It is a paranormal mystery/romance and the start to a new series featuring Rachel de Luca and Mason Brown. After I finished reading Sleep With the Lights On I immediately went to NetGalley to get Wake To Darkness the next book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: