Friday, December 2, 2016

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 -December 2, 2016


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"My wedding day. It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life."

Page 56:

"Humm, looks like you're in luck, Sister Carmen. The Southside crew has a shipment coming in tomorrow night."

From Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep. I love Estep's Spider series so when I saw her name on the book I picked it up. This is one of her earlier books and a series I had not heard of before I found this book at my library's used book story. I haven't started it so don't know how good or bad it is. I did find that there are other books in the series.

I need to stay out of bookstores. I just can't seem to resist buying more and more books.

6 comments:

Breana M. said...

I've read a lot of books by Estep, mainly her Mythos Academy series. I bought this entire series too and have read Karma Girl. Even though it was a while ago, I do remember liking it.

Unknown said...

I enjoy her Spider series too. This sounds like another good story from Jennifer.

My Friday 56 from Gemina

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read this author, but this one does look tempting. Enjoy! Here's mine: “THE OTHER WIDOW”

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

I haven't heard of this author. And I have the same trouble you do with bookstores. ;-) I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine...http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsTGTBATG

Kathy Martin said...

I have this one on my Kindle along with 2 and 3 in the same series. I've only read the first Elemental Assassin and have 2 - 5 on my Kindle too. One day I'll have to read all of them. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I like the beginning because of the "supposed to." You know things go wrong! I'd keep reading to find out what happens.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments.
Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG