Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #62 - Scorpius Rising by Rebecca Zanette, The Danger of Desire by Sabrina Jeffries, Rookie K-9 Unit Christmas by Valerie Hansen and Lenora Worth

Scorpius Rising (The Scorpius Syndrome #0.5)Scorpius Rising by Rebecca Zanetti
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Scorpius Rising is a prequel to the Scorpius Syndrome series. It highlighted how the Scorpius Syndrome started and was spread. It also introduced some of the main characters in the series and provided some of their backstory. I think anyone who has read the series will enjoy the story. It might also serve as an introduction to the series. However, I think I would have been a little lost if I had not been a fan of the series before reading this story. It does have a well-thought out plot that is filled with both danger and romance.


The Danger of Desire (Sinful Suitors, #3)The Danger of Desire by Sabrina Jeffries
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sabrina Jeffries always seems to write a very good story and The Danger of Desire is no exception. Della And Warren are two great characters with really fun dialog that keeps the story moving and provides some laugh out loud moments combined with some dialog about some series issues. Della is on a quest and Warren is trying to save her from herself. Of course Warren has some issues where he needs saving as well. A really well matched pair with a nice story line. I received an ARC of The Danger of Desire in return for an honest review. I can honestly recommend this one. While it is part of a series it works well as a stand-alone.


Rookie K-9 Unit Christmas: Surviving Christmas\Holiday High AlertRookie K-9 Unit Christmas: Surviving Christmas\Holiday High Alert by Valerie Hansen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rookie K-9 Unit Christmas is two novellas featuring two new K-9 units. Both of the story are very sweet and also filled with Christian references. I did not realize that when I accepted an ARC of the book for a honest review. I read both stories. They have some very nice characters with some problems that reflect some current issues. They also have some very cute and interesting dogs. If you are looking for a easy and sweet Christmas romance this is a good choice.

View all my reviews

No comments: