Friday, January 20, 2017

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - January 20, 2017


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

Prologue: "When she came to, Evelyn Talbot could hear nothing. She couldn't see anything, either."

Chapter One: Twenty years later... :He'd kill her if he could. He'd attacked her once before. She had to remember that.



Page 56:

"The alcohol had mellowed him and made her talkative, maybe too talkative, but she couldn't remember when she'd had a better time, especially with nothing but Led Zeppelin playing in the background, a fire raging in the hearth and a man she barely knew for company.

From Her Darkest Nightmare by Brenda Novak.

8 comments:

fredamans said...

You have me piqued for more! Happy weekend!
(I added you to the Linky.)

JC Jones said...

Thanks I got caught up in the news of the day and forgot to link

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Okay, now I definitely want to know more! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE DRY”


Breana M. said...

I have heard of this one before, seems okay. Enjoy your current read. :-)

Amelia said...

I love how you mix the two challenges, I'm just starting to get back into a small blog. Can I borrow this idea?

JC Jones said...

Not my idea to borrow. Ask the two blogs who sponsor

Amelia said...

I meant your idea of doing both link ups together.

JC Jones said...

Not even my idea. There are a lot of us who do them together. Feel Free to Join. The more the merrier.