Monday, January 16, 2017

Musing Monday - January 16, 2017


Follow This link to The Purple Booker

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: How do you make time for reading when you are very busy? Or how do you find a better balance between wanting to spend time reading and other commitments?

I was gone the first four months of 2016 and my blog sat idle.  When I came back May 1, I saw that Musing Monday has disappeared from the blog that had been hosting it.  There was no link to a new site do I thought it was gone for good.  I was disappointed as I enjoyed have the weekly muse on my blog.  Well this week it showed up with its new home (I think it is just new to me and has been around for months) on a Bloglovin digest email.  I plan to participate mosts week from now on.

How do I make time for reading when I am very busy.  It is very hard.  Even though I am retired I still have a busy life.  In addition I often have too many books on my Too BE Read Pile so I have to schedule.  I exercise on a stationary bike every morning for 40 minutes.  After I read the newspaper I read whatever book I have on hand.  I also listen to audio books when I am busy doing work around the house.  I do the same when I am in the car driving.  The TV goes off at a certain time every night and I have at least 30 minutes to read my current book.  Then any other time I can find that is free for reading.

1 comment:

Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People said...

I just recently found Monday Musings again too. I was so bummed when I started my blog up again and couldn't find the new host.

It sounds like reading is definitely a priority for you. That's awesome :)