Sunday, February 12, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews - #74 - Sand Sharks by Margaret Maron, Wrangled by B.J. Daniels,

Sand Sharks (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #15)Sand Sharks by Margaret Maron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another slow walk with Judge Knott. This time she is at a judges meeting and we get to follow her as she visits with friends, sees several men she interacted with in the past and watch as she helps solve the murder of a fellow judge. Dwight is at another conference and Cal is visiting friends so this one features mostly Deborah. I am listening to these out of order so my next one I will check out will the the one before this. I keep moving back to get to the one where she and Dwight get together. I did love meeting Alan, who was almost her first husband. Only reason he was not - he was still married to someone else when he married Deborah.


Wrangled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #6)Wrangled by B.J. Daniels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked this on up at in the used book section of a local non-profit store. I like B.J. Daniels books and had not read any of The Chisholm Cattle Company books. This is the last in the series and it is a nice finish. I liked Zack and Dakota. What I really liked about Dakota was the fact that she believed Zack even though the evidence was against him. The set up with Zack was just part of the mystery. Watching Zack and Dakota work against time to find the answers kept my attention.


No comments: