Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 3305 - Embrace the Passion, Breakeven by Michelle Diener

Embrace the Passion (Pets in Space Anthologies, #3)Embrace the Passion by S.E. Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love this series and have to mention the stories I have read. All are from some of my favorite authors and feature worlds they have created.
First: DESERT HUNTER
Galactic Gladiators Series
By Anna Hackett
Instead of characters from Earth this story is about two of the planets natives. Great to see and learn more about the people who live there.
Second: QUASHI
Mandrake Company Series
By Ruby Lionsdrake
It was fun to be back on the pink shuttle and see characters who I have not seen in some time. I loved the interesting character and why she really came to work.
Third: 
STAR CRUISE: MYSTERY DANCER
The Sectors SF Romance Series
By Veronica Scott
Even though I have loved them all I think this is my favorite so far. It was fun to be back on the ship and to see it through other eyes. The solution to the main character's problem was very smoothly done.
CATS OF WAR
A Central Galactic Concordance Novella
by Carol Van Natta
Again one of my favorite series. Loved the cats and how they interact with the characters.


Breakeven (Verdant String)Breakeven by Michelle Diener
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is fitting that I am reading Pets in Space and found that Breakeven has its own pet. I loved
fluffy. She is a scene stealer and is both cute and deadly. She makes the different in the outcome of the story as Dee and Sebastian are in a very deadly fight. This is the first full length book in the Verdant String series and it does read as a stand alone but there have been two previous novellas that help set the stage. Great new series with good world building, a well though out backstory and interesting characters.

View all my reviews

No comments: