Friday, December 16, 2011

Book Beginning on Friday December 16, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Katy from A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.


This week beginning is from Stroke of Enticement, my favorite side story in Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series.  It is  a story I love to re-read and is from The Magical Christmas Cat by Lora Leigh, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh and Linda Winstead Jones.  Re-reading it now at Christmas seemed appropriate.


"Annie looked up and met the angry eyes of the seven-year-old sitting at the child-sized desk in front of her own, arms crossed and lip jutting out.  Bryan glared at her, the fury of his leopard apparent in every line of his body."

3 comments:

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Jo,

The paranormal is not really a genre that I know very much about, or read on a regular basis.

A book of short stories may be just the place to start though and this one sounds quite intriguing.

The lines you selected from one of the stories, are very descriptive and definitely make me want to know more.

I am not too sure about the cover art however. It is well known that I am not a great cat fan, but that aside, the poor cat in the picture looks like he has either been petrified, or has something sharp and uncomfortable skewering his bottom to the table!!

One for the reading list for sure,

Have a great weekend.

Yvonne

SquirrelQueen said...

I love the cover on this one. This book sounds like one I would really enjoy since I really like both cats and the paranormal.

Juli Rahel said...

I love the cover, that's such a cat pose!! And the beginning is really nice because you immediately wonder who Annie and Bryan are! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!
Juli @ Universe in Words