Friday, December 9, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday December 9, 2011








Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Katy from A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.




I am reading Anniversary Day, A Retrieval Artist Novel by Kristine Kathryn Rusch.  I pre-ordered a signed copy and it arrived this week.  This is one of the top rated Science Fiction/Mystery/Detective series.  I am close to finishing the book.  It is great to get to again spend time with Miles Flint, Noelle DeRicci, Bartholomew Nyquist and all the other characters that live on or near Armstrong Dome on the moon.


"Bartholomew Nyquist parked his aircar in one of the hoverlots at the end of the neighborhood.  The Dome was dark the morning, even though someone should have started the Dome Daylight program.  Maybe they had, deciding that Armstrong was in for a "cloudy" day-terminology her never entirely understood, given that he Moon had no cloud and most people who lived here had been born on the Moon and had never seen a cloud in their entire lives."


A little more than asked for but sometimes it takes more than one sentence to get a feeling for the book.  Anniversary Day is a great addition to the series.

2 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

Sounds really good! Might have to check it out! I love detectives, especially if I get it right! Ho pon over if you have the time and I hope you have a great weekend,
http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2011/12/fridays-blog-exploration.html
Juli @ Universe in Words

Marlene Harris said...

Thank you for telling me about Anniversary Day! I love this series and had totally missed this. I bought it last night. ;-)