Thursday, June 26, 2014

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland

Paranormal/Urban Fantasy

From Goodreads:

Angel Crawford is finally starting to get used to life as a brain-eating zombie, but her problems are far from over. Her felony record is coming back to haunt her, more zombie hunters are popping up, and she’s beginning to wonder if her hunky cop-boyfriend is involved with the zombie mafia. Yeah, that’s right--the zombie mafia.

Throw in a secret lab and a lot of conspiracy, and Angel’s going to need all of her brainpower--and maybe a brain smoothie as well--in order to get through it without falling apart.

This is a series I never expected to read and one I would not have picked up on my own.  Instead I had a free copy of My Life As a White Trash Zombie in my bag at World Con last year and in a break when I had nothing else to read so I started it.  Imagine my surprise when I really liked the story and the main character.  Angel Crawford is what makes the story.  She has had a tough life and has made some really bad choices.  When she is turned into a zombie she starts to change.  It is fun to watch her think and realize she can make her life better.  In Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues she changes and grows even more.  That is what makes the stories so great.  There is a great cast of secondary characters who add to the story.  Some become Angel’s friends and some are her enemies.  They all help keep the story moving and filled with excitement.

If you like the paranormal and urban fantasy give the White Trash Zombie books a try.  You may be as hooked as I am.  I have already read White Trash Zombie Apocalypse and have the next book How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back on pre-order.


DAW Fantasy published Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland in 2012.

P.S. The cover on the first book was a big turn off for me and this one is not that much better.  If you feel the same ignore the cover and look at what is inside.

No comments: