Thursday, July 6, 2017

Short and Sweet book Reviews # 117- Deadly Intent by Margaret Daley, Gladiator by Anna Hackett, Warrior by Anna Hackett

Deadly Intent (Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations #2)Deadly Intent by Margaret Daley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am not that big a fan of Christian fiction but this series caught my attention when book one was offered free. I loved the strong woman theme where she saves him instead of the opposite. Sarah Osborn is a Texas Ranger who has a history with Ian O'Leary. Ian has returned after breaking Sarah's heart 16 years ago. Sarah just wants to stay clear of Ian but when danger arrives she is the one who has to protect him. A great story line with two interesting characters. I will be checking out other books in the series to see if they do as good a job of portraying strong women.


Gladiator (Galactic Gladiators, #1)Gladiator by Anna Hackett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a new twist on the abduction trope. Humans are taken from their space station to be sold. The worm hole that the captures used has collapsed and there is no return to Earth. Harper Adams has been sold to a group that fight in the Kor Magna Arena but the group is not what it seems. Yes they do fight but they have another agenda. Harper is a fighter and a very strong character. Raiden Tiago is her match. Love is not what either expected to find but can be really sneaky. Good world building, back story and character development kept this story moving and interesting.


Warrior (Galactic Gladiators, #2)Warrior by Anna Hackett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I skipped buying this series as I wanted to spend my Amazon credit on other things. Amazon just offered me a big discount on Kindle Unlimited so I went ahead and purchased. Warrior is the first book I downloaded using the plan. So far I like the series. Much of the world building was done in book one so even though this can stand alone I think reading it after Gladiator would be better. Dr. Regan Forrest and Thorin were side characters in book one and at the end it was obvious that they were in line for a HEA. Both have issues in their past and that back story is very well handled as part of the plot that moves the story forward. I liked the character and found the story to be fun to read.

View all my reviews

No comments: