Friday, May 28, 2010

May Book Ends (Other books I have enjoyed)




As several of my posts reflect, C.S. Harris has hooked me on the Sebastian St. Cyr Mysteries. Since 5 books in the series have been published I have not had to wait for the next book. Sadly that is over. I just finished the fifth book, What Remains of Heaven. The next book, Where Shadows Dance, is scheduled for publication in March of 2011. I will have to wait for months for the next mystery and to find out what will happen next in the Sebastian’s personal life, There are so many secrets affecting so many of the characters and C.S. Harris reveals some and leaves the readers in suspense over others. I will be picking the next book up as soon as it comes out.


I like cats and cat stories so when I saw Catalyst by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough I knew I had to read it. Here is a book about cats in space. What could be better than a book with two of my favorite things; cats and science fiction. Catalyst is a cute story with very appealing cats and a good cast of human characters. It reads more like young adult fiction and I was surprised when I finished the book and found that I was left hanging. I will have to wait for the next book to get the rest of the story.




I love the Liaden books by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Sharon has written a contemporary mystery series and since I like her writing I purchased Barnburner, the first book in the series, from Fictionwise last week. I wasn’t sure what to expect since Barnburner is so different for other books Sharon has written. The book has an interesting plot, well-developed characters and plenty of suspense. I found Barnburner to be a very enjoyable story. During the time I was traveling in my RV I spent a summer in the Maine and knowing a little about the area added to my enjoyment. Oh, there is also a cat in the story.

No comments: