Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Murder on Lexington Avenue by Victoria Thompson



Mystery.

Murder on Lexington Avenue, the latest book in the Gaslight Mystery series, is as good or better than any of the previous books.

In Murder on Lexington Avenue, Victoria Thompson uses Sarah Brandt’s skill as a midwife with Detective Frank Malloy’s knowledge of deaf to weave a satisfying mystery. Frank Malloy calls for Sarah to help when the murder victim’s wife goes into labor and refuses to call her doctor. Sarah looks for clues in the victim’s home while Frank question friends, business associates and family. Frank and Sarah work together to find the killer before more people die. I admit I was surprised when the killer was exposed.

This is still one of my favorite mystery series and I watch for each new book. I recommend the series to anyone. While each book can be read as a stand alone reading the books in order is more satisfying.

Berkley Prime Crime published Murder on Lexington Avenue by Victoria Thompson in 2010.

I purchased Murder on Lexington Avenue from Amazon.

No comments: