Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi

Agent to the Stars
Science Fiction

Agent to the Stars is John Scalzi‘s practice novel.  In the Author’s Note at the beginning of the book he says Agent to the Stars is “the novel I wrote to see if I could write a novel.”  It was never meant to be published and was originally posted free on the web.  I had seen it mentioned several times and even have the free version, which is still available, bookmarked but I really don’t like to read on the computer so I finally paid for the paperback version.

When the Yherajk come to Earth to meet us their first contact is with a talent agent in Hollywood.  They know presentation is everything and they have a small problem.  The Yherajk are ugly and smell like rotten fish.  What they need is a talent agent, someone to present them in a good light.  That is where Thomas Stein comes in.  It is his job to make first contact with the Yherajk a success.

The premise is great and the story is fun.   I think it is worth any Science Fiction fan’s time to read Agent to the Stars


I purchased Agent to the Stars from Borders.

No comments: