Sunday, July 31, 2011

Other Books I read In July 2011.


Romance

A Gentleman Never Tells by Amelia Grey –I read about this on in Romantic Times.  It sounded interesting so I pre-ordered.  It was a fun read.  Lady Gabrielle kissed Viscount Brentwood to get out of a marriage she did not want but finds that she is in more trouble than before.

The Soldier by Grace Burrowes – I checked this out as an ebook from Library to Go.  I liked the story but was in the dark about some of the back-story so I purchased the first book in the series.

The Heir by Grace Burrowes – One reviewer on Amazon really frothed at the mouth about the historical accuracy of this book.  That did not bother me.  It is a good story and it is Fiction.  I was still in the dark about some of the backstory.  Maybe it will come out in the next book.  I do wonder if we will hear the story of the sisters who we have not met and are only mentioned as a group.

These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer – Another book I checked out from Library to Go.  I have been listening to some of Heyer’s books on CD. This one was fun and probably contains a lot that is historically accurate.

Her Wyoming Man by Cheryl St. John – I loved Her Colorado Man.  I did not think this story was as good but like any of St. John’s books it is still worth a read. 

Songs of Love and Death, Edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois – I got this free from the Online Book Bloggers Conference.  I did not read all of it but what I did read I enjoyed.  It does have the last story Linnea Sinclair published.  When I last checked Linnea did not have a contract for any new books or stories.  Hope that changes soon.

Science Fiction

Land of Mist and Snow by Debra Doyle and James D. MacDonald – This is an alternate history paranormal set during the Civil War.  A little different from their other books. 

The New Space Opera 2 edited by Gardner Dozois and Jonathan Strahan – I purchased this on to get Kristine Kathryn Rusch’s story.  Two of my other favorites, John Scalzi and Mike Resnick also have stories.

No comments: