Monday, December 22, 2008

Harmony by C.F. Bentley

As if I did not have enough books to read with Fictionwise holding a Christmas sale on eBooks and a to be read pile that just keeps growing I can’t stop checking out new books anytime I wander through the library. Harmony by C.F. Bentley had just been put out on the shelves and I can never resist a new science fiction book so of course it came home with me. Once I started reading the book I could not put it down.

Harmony published by Daw is a rip-roaring fantasy/science fiction/space opera. It is full of twists and turns. It contains mystery and a touch of romance. Every time I thought I knew where the story was going the author threw in a new twist. With great characters, a well constructed plot and a well though out universe this is a book science fiction readers should not miss. Buy the book or check it out of your library. However you get Harmony, you should read this book. I was sorry to see the book end and was glad to see on C.F. Bentley’s web site that this is the first book in a new series. Enigma, the next book, is due out in August of 2009. I give Harmony 5 thumbs up.

C.F. Bentley also writes as P.R Frost and Irene Radford.

No comments: