Friday, January 14, 2011

How I Stretch My Book Budget – Part 3


The third way I supplement my book budget requires some time on my part.  I am retired so I have the time.  If you have a very busy life with work and family this may not work for you.

I love doing surveys and belong to several online survey sites.  Most offer some type of reward for doing a survey.  One common reward is a certain number of points after you complete a survey.  After I take enough surveys and collect enough points I can exchange those points for Amazon.com gift cards.  This is not a fast process.  Surveys take a lot of time and are spread over many weeks and months.  For most sites it takes six months to a year to get a gift card but if you have the time it is a good way to get books without spending any of your hard to come by cash.  There are also a few survey sites that pay cash to PayPal.  I usually have a little money from taking surveys in my PayPal account and use it when I find a ebook that looks interesting.  Many times that is a book I would not have tried without having survey money in PayPal.

If you think you would like to try your hand at taking surveys you can do an online search for survey sites.

No comments: