Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tracato; A Trial of Blood and Steel by Joel Shepherd and The Ruling Sea; A Chathrand Voyage Book by Robert Redick



Fantasy

I’m reading both of these fantasy series and have previous posts about both.  (Click on the link for my post on Sasha and my post on The Red Wolf Conspiracy.)  I just finished reading the latest book in both and felt that both warranted another recommendation.  Although the story lines are very different there are some similarities between the two.  Both have intricate and complicated plots with a large and well-developed cast of characters.  Both authors have created an imaginative world with more details added in each book.  To understand what is going on you must read both series from the beginning. I expected one thing at the end of each book but got a resolution that left everything up in the air.  After finishing both I wanted to read the next book in each series but of course neither has been released yet. 

I think anyone who likes larger than life fantasy series should give both of these a try.
 
PYR published Tracato by Joel Shepherd in 2010.
DelRey published The Ruling Sea by Robert Redick in 2010.

I purchased Tracato from Amazon and checked The Ruling Sea out from the Rogers, AR Public Library.

No comments: