Friday, April 14, 2017

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - April 14, 2017

I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"Hail, Get up. The voice cut through the nausea, sounding too much like my father."

Page 56:

"She and her descendants held on to that spot and what amounted to control of the colony all the way up to the break with Earth, and after the dust from that ruckus settled, the empire was born: an empire ruled by women, my ancestor at the head, backed by the women of the other original families.

From Behind the Throne by K.B. Wagers. I checked this one out from the library and haven't started it yet. As the second quote suggest this is Science Fiction.

8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the idea of an empire ruled by women! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE WIDOWER’S WIFE”

@CatsandCoffee said...

Very interesting. Here's mine: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/friday-56-30/

Breana M. said...

I love the sound of this one. Enjoy the book once you get to it! :-)

fredamans said...

An empire ruled by women? Cool! :-) Happy weekend!

Kathy Martin said...

I have this book but every time I put it on my calendar to read a review book shows up and bumps it back to TBR mountain. This week I am featuring One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews. Happy reading!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

An empire ruled by women -- sounds like a good idea to me! I'm definitely curious.
My Friday post features Still Alice.

Kwizgiver said...

I hope you get into it more--it sounds intriguing.

Unknown said...

Women rule! Now I like the sound of that!

My Friday 56 from Grim Tidings