Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #92 - Slow Burn Cowboy by Maisey Yates, Avenger of the Moon by Allen Steele, Cinderella And the Major by Cynthia VanRooy

Slow Burn Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #7)Slow Burn Cowboy by Maisey Yates
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again two people with serious issues in their past have to make the journey from friends to lovers. For Finn Donnelly and Lane Jensen this is not an easy journey. Having all of his brother come home adds to Finn's problems. For Lane it is the appearance on TV of someone from her past. All of this leads to each doing a lot of serious thinking and some very hot action. This is the first Maisey Yates novel I have read. It started out great and I did like the story line and the characters however all of the pages and pages each character did inside their heads really slowed the story down. The fact that I like pages of action and dialog instead of pages of subjective thinking kept this from being a five star book. I found that I was skimming trying to get to the dialog and action. Still a nice story.


Avengers of the MoonAvengers of the Moon by Allen Steele
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love the cover of Avengers of the Moon. It really sets the tone for the story. Steele has gone back to a group of stories he read as a young adult and upgraded the hero in a story that fits in the world today. This is pure space opera with a hero who has spent most of his life in hiding after his parents were murdered. The three people who raised him are not exactly human but they have prepared him for life outside. I loved the characters, the action and the plot. This is space opera as I first started reading it and it was great finding something new and fun. I hope this is the start of a series as I would love to visit again.

 Cinderella and the MajorCinderella and the Major by Cynthia VanRooy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a free book on Amazon. It turned out to be as cute and fun as it sounded. Harmony McMahon is a Mensa member and computer genius. What she is not is a social success. Her 10 year high school reunion is coming up and she need a date. Enter Major Conner Talbot. He is up for auction and Harmony has the winning bid. From there it is fun and cute. Conner really likes a lot about Harmony and some of the things that she thinks will turn anyone off he finds adorable. Harmony is very insecure and very attracted to Conner. Both have some issues that they work through as they get to know each other. This is novella length so pick it up for a fun short read.

View all my reviews

No comments: