Sunday, April 2, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #85 - Three-Day Town by Margaret Maron, Change Management by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, Somebody's Baby by Donna Alward

Three-Day Town (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #17)Three-Day Town by Margaret Maron
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This turns out to be my least favorite of the Deborah Knott Mysteries. While I enjoyed seeing Dwight and Deborah finally going on a honeymoon the mix with Sigrid Harald from another of Maron's series did not resonate with me. The mystery was interesting. I really did not know who done it. I think reading that the book released in 2015 was the last one in the Deborah Knott series was also a downer. While I would not have missed listening to Three-Day Town it just did not catch me as the other books have. CJ Critt did her usually outstanding job on the audio book.


Change Management (Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Book 23)Change Management by Sharon Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I alway enjoy seeing the characters featured in the Liaden Universe. Wise Child was first published on Baen's website and is the story of a sentient spaceship and the person who brought her to life. Street Cred features Val Con and Miri on Surebreak. Things are changing but maybe not as much as they wish. There are side stories in the Liaden Universe and are for fans of the series. They are not a good place to start.


Somebody's Baby (Darling, VT #3)Somebody's Baby by Donna Alward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again one of the Gallagher boys is finds love. This time it is the veterinarian Rory. He has been hiding a broken heart since leaving veterinary school. Oakley Ferguson has also had her heart crushed. This is a slow moving story as each struggles with issues of trust. I liked how each knew what was holding them back. I enjoyed seeing the couples from the two previous stories. It is nice to visit with a town brought to life in Alward's Darling, VT. There was not a hint about who will be featured next or if there was I did not pick up on it. This is a very nice series with great characters and a charming town. You can start the series anywhere as each is a stand-alone but it is best if started at the beginning.

View all my reviews

No comments: