Sunday, April 30, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #94 - The Most Dangerous Duke in London by Madeline Hunter, Lord of Pleasure by Erica Ridley, Love Me Again by Jaci Burton

The Most Dangerous Duke in London (Decadent Dukes Society, #1)The Most Dangerous Duke in London by Madeline Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What starts as revenge turns into something else entirely in the start to a new series. A Duke set on revenge and a woman already on the shelf find that there is something better when the two of them act together. A nice romp with some unexpected results. There is a mystery that has an unexpected ending. Fun start to the series.

Lord of Pleasure (Rogues to Riches, #2)Lord of Pleasure by Erica Ridley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I often fuss about how much time Ridley spends in her characters heads (I call this passive writing). Not this time. There is enough dialog and action to keep even me happy. I loved both main characters. They wore masks in their daily lives and found they could only be themselves when they were masked and anonymous. It was fun to see how being themselves changed their lives. Look for humor, great dialog and fun secondary characters. All kept the book moving and me reading.


Love Me Again (Hope, #7)Love Me Again by Jaci Burton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What happens when you have a cute kid and a very large dog. Sometimes it brings two people together who separated years ago but really do belong together. Burton uses a familiar theme in a very entertaining way. Both Loretta Simmons and Deacon Fox have a history and when Loretta moves back to Hope they try to ignore each other. That cute kid and the very large dog keep that from happening. A nice story about second chances.

View all my reviews

No comments: