Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 88 - Convergence by C.J. Cherryh, Man Overboard by J.A. Dance, A Cowboy's Strength by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Convergence (Foreigner #18)Convergence by C.J. Cherryh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really hate it when a book just ends in without having a proper ending. This one does just that. Bren is wishing he was home and nothing that has been set up is solved. Book 18 is Bren letting the humans know what the atevi expect and Cajeiri, the atevi heir, learning more about what was expected of him and seeing the power he had even as a child.

Convergence does set up a whole new set of problems for all of the humans and the atevi with Bren again at the heart of the problems and the solutions. Do not start this series here. It is long running and complex. A must read for fans of the series even with the ending that is really not an ending at all. I kept trying to find the next page but there just was not one.


Man Overboard (Ali Reynolds, #12)Man Overboard by J.A. Jance
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This one was not as interesting to me as previous books. There were many character shifts as Ali and friends try to find out what really happened to a friend of Stuarts. I found myself skimming the Oden and Frigg parts and reading the parts that featured Ali and friends. This book also set up a new characters and sent another one out of the picture. That part was very well done. A nice addition to the series but not my favorite.


A Cowboy's Strength (The McGavin Brothers, #1)A Cowboy's Strength by Vicki Lewis Thompson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mandy and Zane are old friends who have not seen each other for 10 years. When they do reconnect sparks fly. I liked how Mandy thought she knew what she wanted when in reality she needed to put to rest some things from her past to have the future she deserved. Zane is a great strong character who know where he belongs and wants Mandy to be there by his side. A very nice story with some great additions to how we need to treat wild life.

There are hints about the other McGavin Brothers, all sexy cowboys who need a strong woman to get their HEA.

View all my reviews

No comments: