Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesday October 30, 2012


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
My teaser today is from Spinneret by Timothy Zhan.  This is a reissue.  The book was originally published in 1987.  Zhan set the book in 2016 and we are not even close to what the book says we can do but if you ignore that it is a really good Science Fiction Story.  I got the book from Netgalley.

Here are my teasers:

Spinneret by Timothy Zahn"From orbit Astra resembled nothing so much as a giant mudball on which someone had thoughtlessly spilled a bucket or two of pale blue paint" 

" I wish we had brought some paint," he commented to the man beside him." 

4 comments:

hmpotts724 said...

Intriguing, though I'm not much of a Sci-Fi girl. Here's ours: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=10972

The Readdicts said...

Nice teaser! I hope you are enjoying your read. :D
I'm following you now!

It would be great if you could stop by my Teaser Tuesday post. We also have an INT giveaway going on on our blog. Do participate if you’re interested.

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Tiffany Drew said...

Not really my kind of read, but it got my attention. Curious to see what this is all about so might have to give it a read after all. Thanks for sharing!

My Teaser

fredamans said...

LOL Not one I would read, but it made me laugh.