Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday, October 9, 2012


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
My Teaser this week is from Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes.  This is book 6 in Windham series and book 3 in the Windham Daughters series.   I love the series and this book has been as good as all of the others.  My teaser is from the page 2 and shows the tone of the book.

Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight (The Duke's Daughters, #3)(Windham, #6)"His second, more sanguine source of comfort, was the Lady Ophelia, whose acquaintance Carrington had made shortly after mustering out.  She, of the kind eyes and patient silences, has provided him much wise counsel and companionship, and that she consistently had litters of at least ten piglets both spring and autumn could only endear her to him further."

7 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Cute, and I love the cover art.

shelly said...

LOL that one made me chuckle.

Here's mine:

http://www.atticgirl.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesdays-memory-jar-by-tricia.html

Kathy Martin said...

I had never thought of piglets as a way of attracting men. Too bad I live in town! ;-) My teasers are for Chasing the Skip by Janci Patterson and The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels. Happy reading!

fredamans said...

I have to laugh at the idea of piggies attracting men.... though when in deep thought I suppose it's not that far fetched... LOL

Ciska said...

Nice cover art and interesting use of language ;)

My Teaser http://mybookchest.blogspot.nl/2012/10/teaser-dracula.html

SunnyReads said...

Ha!! Nice Tease!
Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Funny teaser! Gotta love those piglets.
My teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A CORPORATE SLUT.