Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Beginnings on Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.

My book beginning today if from Gabriel:  Lord of Regrets (Lonely Lords #5) by Grace Burrowes.  Here is the beginning:

"It's time I rose from the dead."

"The Dowager Marchioness of Warne eyed her guest acidly over her teacup, despite the impact of his words."

Gabriel by Grace BurrowesI have read the entire series as it has been published.  It was written before the Windham series and the Mac Gregor series and I can tell that the writing is not as polished but it is still fun to read.  I met Gabriel and Polly in the previous books, Beckham.  They appeared to be star crossed, in love but never together.  Then Gabriel left.  The beginnings says what he is planning to do.  It is a good start to the story and I was happy to see that they were both getting their HEA.  This was a fun read.  If you like Grace Burrowes' books you will enjoy this series.

I received an ARC of Gabriel from Netgalley.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hope it is good.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings