Monday, February 2, 2015

Musing Mondays - February 2, 2015

MusingMondays5Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What do you think about re-purposing old books (eg. into art journals, etc)? Why?
I am going to talk about something I blogged about this week.  I am one of the judges for the SFR (Science Fiction Romance) Galaxy Awards.  2014's  results came out two days ago on January 31, 2015.  One of my posts on the 31st was about the announcement with links to the awards.  One thing that is different about these awards are the categories.  There are no set ones.  Each judge looks at the books published during the year and makes awards that fit the book.  For example on of my categories was Most Unusual Business.  That one went to Mercenary Instinct where one of the main character was starting a business that used alien poop.  Here is the link to my post.  
Follow the link and see what other categories and books received an award this year.

No comments: