Saturday, September 4, 2010

Authors Starting with A


Found On my Hardcover Bookshelf

No Sci-Fi bookshelf would be complete without some of the old masters. I have Asimov’s Foundation Trilogy and Poul Anderson’s For Love and Glory in hardcover.

I often purchased the hardcover edition when I don’t want to wait for the paperback. As a result I have 5 titles from the Skolian Empire series by Catherine Asaro. This is a great Space Opera/ Science Fiction Romance series and it’s best to start with Primary Inversion.

Kevin Anderson’s Metal Swarm is book 6 in The Saga of Seven Suns. One very nice thing about this series is “The Story so Far” at the beginning of each book. The series is complete so you can read it without having to wait for the next book to come out. Start with Hidden Empire, the first book in the series. The Saga of Seven Suns is a series I share with one of my sons so between us we have all of the books in either hardcover of paperback.

Taylor Anderson writes the Destroyermen, an alternate history series. I have Crusade and Maelstrom in hardcover from the first trilogy and Distant Thunders, the first book in the second trilogy. Start this one with Into the Storm, the first book in the series.

If you click on the highlighted links you will find where I have previous posts about some of the series, books and authors.

Authors starting with B will be next.

No comments: