Sunday, September 19, 2010

Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas


Historical Romance

Lisa Kleypas is on of my favorite historical romance authors and I have many of her books on my keeper shelf. Suddenly You is an older book that I did not have.

The novel is set in the 1830’s. Amanda Briars is a novelist and Jack Devlin is a publisher. Both characters are part of the working upper class. Amanda wants one night of passion for her thirtieth birthday. When Jack arrives at her house she mistakes him for the gift she has hired for herself. With the mistaken identity and the immediate attraction Suddenly You is a very sensual novel. This is one book where the sex is an important part of the story and I did not skim the sex scenes as I usually do. Jack and Amanda are both such strong characters that they have to have a very rocky journey. This was a very good addition to my Lisa Kleypas collection.

While many of the characters in Lisa’s books appear in numerous stories I don’t remember seeing Amanda or Jack in any pervious book.

Avon Books published Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas in 2001.

I purchased Suddenly You new from Amazon.

No comments: