Monday, July 1, 2013

Musing Mondays July 1, 2013


MusingMondays5Musing Mondays (http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/) asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits. • 
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
 • Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
 •Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
 • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!




I just finished reading Crystal Cove (A Friday Harbor Novel) by Lisa Kleypas.  I have read all the Friday Harbor Novels and noticed a trend toward the paranormal when I read Rainshadow Road.  That became a full blown paranormal novel with Crystal Cove.  This is a new direction for Lisa Kleypas.  I don't remember her writing anything similar before.  I know paranormal seems to be the new hot romance genre. That got me wondering if authors are just jumping on the paranormal bandwagon on their own or if they are being pushed there by their publishers.  

Leave a comment and tell me what you think.

I like all of Kleypas's novels and Crystal Cove was not an exception.  It was a quick fun read with great characters and for anything to work between the two main characters there had to be a paranormal element.  I do think I liked the books better without the paranormal.

4 comments:

Trish said...

what an interesting thought! I had to read your post twice to make sure I was understanding it because when I read Lisa K's name and paranormal in the same sentence I was confused!

trish - my musing

Sonia Lal said...

I've never associated Lisa Kleypas with paranormal romance. Since it's so popular, I suppose she could be jumping on the bandwagon.

Unknown said...

Rainshadow Road sounds very interesting! I'm definitely adding that to my TBR list! Thanks for . :)


Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
Musing Mondays

Anonymous said...

i haven't read that many paranormal books... it seems that it's the most popular genre today (along with dystopian) ..
here's my MM http://wp.me/p3v5T1-7Q