Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Teaser Tuesday July 30, 2013

Hunter and the turtle.  Who is teasing who?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:"
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser today is from With His Lady's Assistance (The Regent Mysteries)  by Cheryl Bolen.   This was on my wish list and on my last Amazon order I decided to give it a try.  I am glad I did as it is very entertaining.  There is great dialog, a good mystery and some romance.  It is listed as a Humorous Regency Romance Mystery and it is.  This is the first of a new series and I am waiting for A Most Discreet Inquiry, book 2 due out in August.  Here is my teaser:

With His Lady's Assistance"From his reconnaissance, Jack recognized Daphne's father immediately and stood up."

"Rich?  Would that she had been born mute.  Wretched female."

Here is what Goodreads says:

"To help him mingle in the highest echelons of English society to investigate threats on the Prince Regent's life, super spy Captain Jack Dryden must feign an engagement to the exceedingly plain spinster, Lady Daphne Chalmers. Together they embark on an investigation which brings them into grave peril – and makes the captain reevaluate the skinny maiden who has a most amorous effect upon him."
 
 

4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Awww...this sounds like a cute and fun read!

My TT

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds like an intriguing story. Enjoy!

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Unknown said...

Sounds fun. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday-july-30-2013.html

Rebecca said...

Ooohh, this sounds like it would be a fun read! I'll have to jot it down for my sister, who loves that genre :)

Here's my TT: http://addictedtobooksandpastries.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/tuesday-teasers-july-30th/